Saturday, December 24, 2011

Welcome to McWildtree, Can I take your order?

MCWILDTREE GRIDDLE BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
**These are great for mornings like today when someone has to grab breakfast and roll--doesn't that sound familiar?? My husband enjoyed these so much that he wondered if we could make a batch and freeze them so that he could just grab one out of the freezer throughout the week. Don't see why not!

Ingredients:
STEP 1:
Prepare 1  Batch of  "REVISED" Pancake batter -- So whatever pancake mix you typically use (and I ALWAYS recommend buying the original kind where you have to add your own egg/oil/milk) - measure out the amount you will need ie: 1 or 2 cups...and THEN - this is where we will diverge from the box and bump up the nutrition and protein content and no one will notice!! (FYI) I use CherryBrook Kitchens  gluten free pancake mix that you can find at Bloom or Wegmans. At Bloom it's right there on the shelf with all the rest of the pancake mixes. At Wegman's I believe it's in their Gluten Free section.

EGGS: If your pancake mix calls for 1 egg - use 2...if it calls for 2 eggs use 3 --
GROUND FLAXSEED: 2 heaping tablespoons if making 1 cup of pancake mix and 3 if using 2 cups.
COTTAGE CHEESE: Don't freak out...no one will ever know it's in there -- add one 4 oz container to 1 cup mix & 2 containers to 2 cups of mix. GREAT ADDITIONAL PROTEIN!!
WILDTREE BUTTER GRAPESEED OIL: 2 tablespoons for 1 cup mix/4 tablespoons for 2 cups mix
STEVIA: For this I took a packet and sprinkled 1/10 of a packet over the batter --be careful with this -if you add to much it will have a weird aftertaste - but if you use the right amount it gives it just a taste of sweetness without adding any calories.
MAPLE SYRUP: Just like McDonalds - I added 1 tablespoon of maple syrup right into the batter
ALMOND MILK: I didn't even measure how much of this I put in - I mixed all the ingredients above together and then added enough Almond Milk to get the right pancake texture. You can also use regular organic milk/rice milk/hemp milk.
HORIZON ORGANIC AMERICAN CHEESE SLICES: You can find these at Wegman's -- and sometimes at Bloom but I think they are discontinuing  carrying them there.

Heat your skillet that you've sprayed with natural or butter grapeseed oil and make your pancakes.

STEP II: Make your Turkey Bacon or Sausage Patties -- I used Applegate Farms Turkey bacon that I get at Wegman's. If you use Sausage patties I highly recommend turkey sausage which is much lower in fat than pork sausage.

STEP III: Make over easy eggs. I have this tiny little egg pan that I got years ago at one of those gourmet cooking stores that comes with it's own tiny little spatula and it has been worth it's weight in gold! It makes the PERFECTLY sized/rounded eggs for breakfast sandwichs and cooks them up really fast.

STEP IV: Your pancakes are going to raise up and be pretty dense due to the added protein and fiber - so take a large knife and cut each pancake in half. Place one slice of cheese on one half of the pancake and put back on griddle which is on low -- put a lid over it to melt the cheese. You can also use your microwave. Place the egg and a slice of bacon broken in two pieces or a sausage patty on the other pancake. Drizzle Maple Syrup or Wildtree's Blueberry Pancake Syrup lightly on top of the egg/sausage or bacon. When the cheese has melted slightly add it to the other pancake.  I cut my husband/son's in two for better ease of handling on the golf course!

No comments:

Post a Comment