Saturday, December 24, 2011

Rockin' My Wildtree Kitchen!!!

Hello Everyone -
Once again Wildtree helped me turn a healthy meal into an EXTRAORDINARY one! Tonight for dinner we had Broiled Salmon that had been marinated overnight in a Bourbon Teriyaki Marinade, Fresh Seasonal Greens from Cindy Hall --our favorite Master & Organic Gardner & pan sautéed cauliflower.
Sounds good, right? Well - with Wildtree it was out of this world!! Without further adou I will share the recipes with you!
This time of the year is EXACTLY what attracted me to Wildtree - the ability to use wholesome seasoning blends, sauces & marinades to enhance the flavors of all the wonderfully fresh produce coming into season.
BOURBON TERIYAKI SALMON w/ Wildtree's Sweet Onion Spread
Marinade:
1 cup Sucanat (a healthier version of brown sugar)
½ cup Jack Daniels or other bourbon/whiskey of your choice
2 cloves crushed garlic
½ cup Tamari
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice (I used lemon)
Sesame seeds to sprinkle on the salmon right before baking.
Marinate at least 24 hours.  I mix the marinade and throw it and the salmon in plastic freezer bags and lay them flat in my frig.  When ready to bake - simply prepare a baking sheet or broiler pan and place the Salmon on the sheet/pan. Sprinkle with   sesame seeds and bake at 350 until done.
After Salmon comes out of the oven - I brush it with Wildtree's Sweet Onion Spread right before serving.  This is 5 star!!

No comments:

Post a Comment