Sunday, December 25, 2011

Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, Turkey Sausage Patties

Homemade Turkey Sausage Patties
After becoming increasingly frustrated with finding healthy breakfast meat options - I finally decide to take matters into my own hands and make my own! The following recipe was a big hit and I plan to make a batch of these just to freeze so that I can pull them a couple out at a time for my daughter's breakfast before she heads off to school.  Don't be intimidated by the thought of this - it's not any harder than making turkey burgers.
Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground turkey (I prefer the lean ground as opposed to breast meat for this - texture wise it works much better)
½ tsp Wildtree's Ranchers Rub
½ Tsp Rubbed Sage
½ tsp Wildtree's California Pepper Blend
1 tsp. Wildtree's Garlic Galore
¼ tsp. ground ginger
Mix all ingredients together and form small 2" patties.  Saute in a pan stovetop in a little bit of grapeseed oil - I used the hickory flavored and it was wonderful! This recipe makes about 12 patties. If  you have a  recipe that calls for sausage crumbles - you can prepare this that way as well - simply sauté it in a skillet like you would to make sloppy joes.

No comments:

Post a Comment