Monday, April 2, 2012

Grapeseed Oil Body Scrub

Wildtree's Grapeseed oils are NOT just for IN your body!!
Try them out ON your body


Anyone who has done therapeutic massage is familiar with the use of grapeseed oils for massaging. That is what inspired me to create my own Body Scrub at the fraction of the cost. I've never understood why a small container of body scrub made with natural ingredients and essential oils was so doggone expensive. 
Not too long ago, I ran out and was about to shell out $15.00 for another container when I thought - "Hmmm -- I think I can make this myself!" And that's exactly what I did.  I mixed 1 cup of coarse sea salt, 1 cup of cheapo deapo Bloom brand white sugar and just enough plain grapeseed oil to coat. Sorry for all you "measurer's" out there - I'm a pourer and didn't pay attention to exactly how much oil I used. Just note that the sea salt and sugar will settle over night - so don't over do the oil - you can always add more later if necessary. Then I added 6-8 drops of lemon essential oil. Note that this is different than the liquid extracts you cook with -- essential oils are much stronger and aromatic. It is perfect, took me two minutes to whip up  and cost me pennies to the dollar to make.




No comments:

Post a Comment